Windshields play a crucial role in keeping drivers and passengers safe while driving. They act as a barrier between occupants and the outside elements, including flying rock, debris, and other objects. Therefore, it is important to protect them and keep them in good condition. If a rock hit windshield, then be sure to hire a reputable auto glass shop to repair or replace it as soon as possible.
Liberty AutoGlass, located in Lehighton PA, specializes in auto glass repair and replacement. It is essential to use a reputable auto glass shop like Liberty AutoGlass when a windshield is damaged. We can provide high-quality service and ensure that the windshield is properly installed to guarantee safety. In this article, we will discuss how to protect your windshield from rock, as well as the dangers of driving with a damaged windshield.
Tips to Protect Your Windshield
- 1 Tips to Protect Your Windshield
- 2 The Risks of Driving with a Damaged Windshield
- 3 Why You Should Hire a Reputable Auto Glass Shop
- 4 For Superior Auto Glass Repairs, Call Liberty AutoGlass
Keep a Safe Distance
Maintaining a safe distance from other vehicles is an essential step in protecting your windshield from rock and other debris. It is recommended to maintain at least a three-second following distance while driving on a highway. This will give you enough time to react and avoid debris that may come from other vehicles.
Related Article: How To Spot an Auto Glass Scam
Avoid Construction Zones
Driving through construction zones can be challenging and sometimes unavoidable, but it is best to take alternative routes whenever possible. Construction zones often have loose gravel and debris that can damage your windshield. Avoiding construction zones can help protect your windshield from flying objects.
Drive Carefully on Gravel Roads
Gravel roads are notorious for having rock and other debris that can damage your windshield. When driving on gravel roads, slow down and keep a safe distance from other vehicles. Also, try to avoid driving too close to the edges of the road where rocks are often present.
Related Article: The Role of Windshields in Car Safety
Keep Your Windshield Clean
Keeping your windshield clean is another essential step in protecting it from damage caused by flying objects. Dust, dirt, and debris can weaken the windshield and increase the likelihood of chips and cracks. Regularly cleaning your windshield will help keep it in good condition. Also, make sure to replace worn-out wipers, as they can also cause damage to the windshield.
Use a Windshield Protector
Using a windshield protector can also help protect your windshield from rocks and debris. These protectors are usually made of a thick material that covers the entire windshield and can be easily removed when not needed. They are particularly useful for drivers who frequently drive on gravel roads or in construction zones.
Related Article: Do’s And Don’ts Of Car Windshield Repair
The Risks of Driving with a Damaged Windshield
A damaged windshield can obstruct the driver’s view of the road, making it difficult to see obstacles and other vehicles, particularly in low-light or rainy conditions. This can increase the likelihood of accidents, especially when the driver has reduced visibility. A chip or crack in the windshield can also cause glare from the sun or headlights, making it even more difficult to see the road ahead.
Related Article: Dealing With Squeaky Windshield Wipers?
Increased Risk of Injury
A damaged windshield is more likely to shatter during an accident, increasing the risk of injury to occupants. A shattered windshield can cause sharp glass pieces to fly inside the car, injuring the occupants. Additionally, during a collision, the airbags rely on the windshield to provide support for proper deployment. A damaged windshield may not provide the necessary support, increasing the risk of injury to occupants.
Reduced Structural Integrity
A windshield provides structural support to a vehicle, particularly in the event of a rollover accident. A damaged windshield can compromise the structural integrity of the vehicle, increasing the risk of injury or death in the event of an accident. In such an event, a damaged windshield can cause the roof of the car to collapse, leading to more severe injuries to the occupants.
Related Article: The Auto Glass Repair Industry Is Unregulated: What Does This Mean?
Driving with a damaged windshield is not only dangerous, but it is also illegal in some states. In Pennsylvania, for example, a driver can receive a ticket and a fine for driving with a damaged windshield that obstructs their view. Driving with a damaged windshield can also affect the outcome of an insurance claim in the event of an accident.
Related Article: 7 Winter-Related Problems That Could Damage Your Windshield
Why You Should Hire a Reputable Auto Glass Shop
- Expertise: A reputable auto glass shop like Liberty AutoGlass has the expertise to repair or replace windshields effectively. We employ trained technicians who have the necessary skills and knowledge to handle any type of windshield damage. We also use high-quality materials and state-of-the-art equipment to ensure that the windshield is installed correctly and meets safety standards.
- Safety: One of the most important reasons to hire a reputable auto glass shop is safety. Windshields provide structural support to a vehicle, and any damage to them can compromise the safety of the occupants in the event of an accident. A reputable auto glass shop will ensure that the windshield is properly installed, reducing the risk of injury or death in the event of a collision.
- Warranty: A reputable auto glass shop will usually offer a warranty on their work. This gives you peace of mind, knowing that if there are any issues with the repair or replacement, the shop will take care of it at no extra cost. This also ensures that you get high-quality work that is guaranteed to last.
- Insurance Claims: Reputable auto glass shops work with insurance companies and can help you with your insurance claim. They can provide the necessary documentation and work with the insurance company to ensure that you get the coverage you deserve. This saves you time and hassle, allowing you to focus on other things.
Hiring a reputable auto glass shop like Liberty AutoGlass is crucial for maintaining the safety and integrity of your windshield. We have the necessary expertise, equipment, and materials to ensure that the windshield is properly installed and meets safety standards. Additionally, we offer warranties and can help with insurance claims, providing you with peace of mind. Don’t compromise your safety by choosing a less reputable auto glass shop. Choose a trusted and experienced shop like Liberty AutoGlass for your windshield repairs and replacements.
Related Article: Is It Safe To Purchase Used Auto Glass?
For Superior Auto Glass Repairs, Call Liberty AutoGlass
Liberty AutoGlass offers auto glass repair using the highest quality materials and the most advanced auto glass technology to repair your auto glass correctly and quickly. We offer mobile services so we can repair your damaged auto glass at the convenience of your home or office. This means that we come to wherever your vehicle is parked, and you can go about your day as you would normally. We fix windshields, back glass, door glass, vent glass, and quarter glass. We also can handle your insurance claim from start to finish, making the process easier for you! Call Liberty AutoGlass today to find out more!